December 19, 2014 by admin
Bringing Equality – Advantages and Disadvantages of Technology in Education
The future is bent towards technology. Almost every activity that you can think of has incorporated technology now days, specially in the field of education. With the advantages of technologies now days is important that every classroom in America and everyone aspiring for higher education, has equal rights when it comes to getting access to advance ways to learn.
On this article we want to draw a parallel to compare the advantages and disadvantages of technology when it comes to helping people learn new skills. Many experts in the leadership development arena believe this will be the Rise of the Entrepreneur for years to come.
Advantages Of Technology In Education
Technology in education prepares students for the future. Students develop skills, which will be necessary in life and in their future workplace.
- Technology makes business learning more interesting. The more interesting an activity is, the more the students concentrate and indulge all their senses in the learning process. Videos, animations, a new voice on the computer and typing classwork add on to the range of activities that engage the learner to the maximum.
- A break from the exclusive book and pen monotony yields better results in student performance. MOBE talks exclusively about this in their training programs and educational materials about how to go about building a legitimate business online.
- Technology gives students a chance to learn at his or her own pace. While teaching is done to the whole class spontaneously, the pace at which the material is understood varies from student to student.
- Technology individualizes the learning process as each student receives individual instruction from his or her own computer. This instruction can be repeated if need be.
- Computers are an adventure to students. They increase the concentration span of most students by more than half. Advance learning software incorporates games in the learning process, which are a much more fun activity than the usual teaching methods.
- With technology, it is possible to carry out distance learning through virtual classrooms. These are flexible especially for part time students with tight schedules.
When we refer to “students” in this article, we are not only talking about young people but those business savvy baby boomers who want to end the poverty mindset and make a better and brighter future for themselves. Also many adults now days are taking advantage of technology to learn useful skills to better their life. Take for example the marketing industry, most people that are into the field of online marketing today have learn most of what they know through online training and practical hands on work. iPAS2 can serve as a great educational program for those looking to get into marketing.
Disadvantages Of Technology In Education
- It’s hard to find many disadvantages for Technology. Some complain Technology keeps evolving with time and students lack the financial resources to keep up with this evolution.
(When buying new technology gadgets is a good idea to search for the best deals to get the most from your money. Saving programs like Dubli may be able to help)
- With all the fun options that computers avail such as online and offline gaming, watching movies, music and social media, it becomes difficult to monitor student activity especially in a class where Internet is freely available.
- Studying requires more discipline than it would if only books were in use, since we can get easily distracted while using a computer.
Even thou there are some disadvantages to using technology in the learning process, the benefits far outweigh the disadvantages. Let us know your thoughts and how you think technology has made an impact in your education system